Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
This course is aimed at individuals who currently hold a Level 2 certificate in gym instruction (or equivalent) wishing to progress to become a Personal Trainer.
16th September 2020 - 28th April 2021
(£75 deposit to confirm place on course)
Practical sessions: Saturdays 4.30pm-7.30pm (Average 2 per month)
-To train candidates with existing knowledge and skills in gym instruction, to be able to work with wide range of levels and abilities whether individuals or groups in a personal training setting.
– To enable the candidate to prescribe effective, progressive exercise programmes and lifestyle changes based on the results of effective consultation and fitness testing.
Unit 1 – Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
Unit 2 – Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
Unit 3 – Principles of exercise, fitness and health
Unit 4 – Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
Unit 5 – Programming personal training with clients
Unit 6 – Delivering personal training sessions
Unit 7 – Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
* Units 1,2,3 will have already been achieved on the Level 2 fitness Instructor.
# Unit 7 will be achieved on completion of the Level 3 Award in Nutrition for physical activity
– Suitable level 2 qualification in Fitness Instruction (Gym) or equivalent.
– The course requires some physical exertion and individual participation is essential.
– Candidates should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 3.
– Candidates should be 17 or over or be in full time education studying Sports Studies at ‘A’ level
The Active IQ (formally Premier IQ) Certificate in Personal Training is a vocationally related qualification (VRQ), at level 3 on the National Qualification Framework (QCF). It provides access on to The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at level 3.
PRICING & BENEFITS
What you get:
To discuss sponsorship options, please call mark on 01256 302236 or 07989 600926.
HOW TO ENROL
We have a limited number of spaces for this course.
Applications open Monday 4th May, and close on Monday 7th September (or until all spaces are filled).
Book now to reserve your place by paying the £75 deposit online (click 'buy now' at the top of this page) or by contacting the Course Manager:
t: 01256 302236
m: 07989 600926